- UK/International: UK
- Summary: If your household income is less than £42,875 a year, you may be eligible to apply for a means-tested undergraduate scholarship which offers funding and support.
- Value - what money is on offer: Up to £9,000 is available. £3,000 in year one and £3,000 in subsequent years, paid in cash instalments subject to progressing to the next year of study. You will not receive the scholarship for the industrial placement year or study abroad year.
- Who is eligible: Read the full eligibility criteria below.
- Deadline: 30 April 2024 for early consideration and award subject to eligibility, or midday on 31 May.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship by visiting the means-tested scholarship page and completing the application form once available.
If you apply before 30 April 2024 your application will be considered earlier and successful applicants could be notified of being awarded a scholarship, subject to eligibility checks, by 31 May 2024.
How are the scholarships awarded?
The School of Earth and Environment UK Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded to applicants based on personal circumstances. There are a limited number of scholarships available. This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful.
The funding you receive
- Up to £9,000 is available. £3,000 in year one and £3,000 in subsequent years, paid in cash instalments, subject to progressing to the next year of study. You will not receive the scholarship for the industrial placement year or study abroad year.
- The scholarships do not have to be paid back and are in addition to the financial support you can receive from the government (such as the tuition fee loan or maintenance loan).
The support you receive
Access to the Plus Programme which provides access to one-to-one support and advice sessions, group workshops, mentoring opportunities and social events.
- Environmental Science BSc
- Environment and Business BA
- Geology BSc
- Geophysics BSc
- Sustainability and Environmental Management BSc
Eligibility and selection criteria
All of the eligibility and selection criteria are outlined on our means-tested scholarship page.
Year of entry