- Start date: January 2019
- End date: January 2019
- Duration: 22 contact hours
- Fees: tbc
- Venue: School of Geography
enquire course programme
Staff who teach on short courses are active in research and consultancy and some modules are taught by external industry experts covering cutting-edge relevant topics in the field.
Topics include environmental impact assessment, environmental risk assessment, strategic environmental assessment, cumulative effects assessment, environmental justice assessment, integrative appraisal, post-assessment processes.
- Accredited by CIWEM
- Learn from world-class academic staff and study alongside postgraduate students
- Part of water@leeds
- Lectures are combined with field, laboratory and computer practicals and you will have access to academic facilities and resources
- Certificate of completion awarded
- Credits can be considered as prior learning when applying for River Basin Dynamics and Management with GIS (MSc/PGDip)
Taught in Semester 2 (January enrolment)
22 hours contact:
- 11 x 2 hour lectures
- Days and times TBC
Modules can be taken as standalone courses or can also provide an entry route towards working for a postgraduate qualification. Participation together with successful completion of assessed work, leads to credits that can be considered as prior learning when applying for selected postgraduate programmes in the School of Geography.