Dr Clare Gee
- Position: Research Marketing Manager, Engineering, Environment, Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2867
- Location: 3.04 Chemical & Process Engineering
Within the faculty marketing team, my role is to communicate our research to external audiences who may be interested in the research or the expertise of the researchers. I cover all the schools in the faculties of Engineering, Environment and Maths/Physical Sciences.My background orginally was in earth and environmental science research, before training in science communication and public engagement at UWE Bristol. I have always enjoyed writing, speaking and using visual media to explain science to non-specialists, so science communication and public engagement was my natural progression after working in science research.
I have worked as part of the University of Leeds Public Engagement team, assisting with the organising of Be Curious, and designing, delivering and organising workshops on different aspects of public engagement for staff. I joined the marketing team in May 2018 to focus on research communication and marketing.
I trained at Imperial College gaining a degree in geology, MSc in environmental science and a PhD in environmental geochemistry. After a career break from academia while my family was young, I joined the University of Leeds in 2015 as a postdoctoral researcher with a Daphne Jackson Fellowship in the School of Geography. I was working on a project investigating the geochemistry of UK peatlands.
- PhD Environmental Geochemistry
- MSc Environmental Technology
- BSc Geology
- PG Cert Science Communication
- STEM PR Association (STEMPRA)
- Association of British Science Writers