- Value: UK and EU applicants will be eligible for a full award paying tuition fees and a maintenance in line with Research Council rate (£14,777 in 2018/19 entry).
- Deadline: 7 January 2019
PANORAMA NERC DTP is a powerful environmental science partnership covering three overarching scientific themes: atmosphere and climate, earth processes, and the living world to address a range of environmental science grand challenges, UK industrial goals, and international development goals.
A wide variety of projects are advertised each year. To apply visit PANORAMA NERC DTP.
- Why are some trees more sensitive to climate than others?
- Assessing the water quality of Himalayan glacier-fed rivers
- Constraining the carbon balance of intact tropical forest landscapes
- Ecological and heritage importance of parkland estates
- How are our peatlands eroding? Using fine scale ‘roughness signatures’ to quantify soil and carbon losses via different erosion mechanisms
- Is the water use efficiency of land plants changing?
- Occurrence and fate of microplastics in river catchments
- Proglacial landscape evolution across the Antarctic Peninsula with Holocene climate change
- Sedimentation and invasive species in rivers: Investigation in trialling of mitigation options relevant to invasive non-native species sediment inputs to rivers
- Peatland hydrology: a global comparison using the PeatDataHub monitoring network
- Success and Vulnerability in the Amazon
- Tackling Japanese knotweed: how it grows and how to stop it
- Tracking adaptation to climate change using big data
- The impact of pharmaceutical pollution on biogeochemical cycles
- Re-evaluating the Role of Drylands in the Global Carbon Budget
- Agroforestry, soil health and delivery of public goods
- How will climate change affect organic matter exported from peat?
- Arctic and alpine river food web response to glacier retreat
- Public goods from Agri-Environmental Schemes
- Past, present and future of permafrost peatlands
Any projects that are not filled in the DTP selection process will remain available for other candidates wishing to seek alternative sponsorship.
See website for details.