- Start date: January 2019
- End date: January 2019
- Duration: 30 contact hours
- Fees: £1,335 + VAT
- Venue: School of Geography
enquire course programme
This course will enhance your capabilities, giving you the skills and knowledge to effectively develop, negotiate and manage contracts in the water consultancy sector.
You will be introduced to the common types of contracts and tools used in water consultancy, preparing you for real industry experience.
You’ll learn the key terms and principles of contract law, intellectual property law, communication and contract documentation while studying UK, EU and international case studies.
- Advance your career through a course developed with experienced project managers within the water consultancy industry
- Develop the essential skills you’ll need as a project manager in water consultancy
- Benefit from real-world insight into the water sector through seminars delivered by senior management from JBA Consulting
- Learn at Masters level in a prestigious, academic environment
- Take your first steps towards completing the MSc Environmental Water Consultancy (MSc/PGDip/PGCert) – credits gained from this course can be considered as prior learning
Taught in Semester 2 (January enrolment)
30 contact hours:
- 5 x 6 hour seminars (Thursdays 9am - 5pm)
Modules can be taken as standalone courses or can also provide an entry route towards working for a postgraduate qualification. Participation together with successful completion of assessed work, leads to credits that can be considered as prior learning when applying for selected postgraduate programmes in the School of Geography.
Jeremy Benn FREng MA MSc CEng CWEM FICE FCIWEM MASCE MIEI
Jeremy is the Executive Chairman of JBA. He has over 33 years' water engineering, management and hydrology experience working in the UK and internationally and has published and lectured widely on these subjects. Jeremy teaches on a wide range of postgraduate courses, including the University of Lancaster PgCert in Flood & Coastal Risk Management, the University of Sheffield MSc in Water Engineering and the Cork University of Technology MSc in Water & Environmental Engineering.
Marc Pinnell BSc MSc MCIWEM C.WEM
Marc is the Managing Director of JBA Consulting and has over 20 years' professional experience of flood risk management. As Framework Director for many consultancy frameworks for the delivery of specialist flood management services, Marc has extensive experience of applying a range of industry standard forms of contract including NEC3 contracts, short contracts and subcontracts for the provision of works and services.
Kathryn Taylor LLB
Kathryn leads JBA's legal team, providing general legal advice and drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. During Kathryn's early career as a solicitor, she specialised in commercial litigation, including intellectual property litigation and competition law investigations. Kathryn then worked in academia before joining JBA in 2007 as a consultant solicitor.