- Start date: September 2018
- End date: September 2018
- Duration: 22 contact hours
- Fees: tbc
- Venue: School of Geography
enquire course programme
Staff who teach on short courses are active in research and consultancy and some modules are taught by external industry experts covering cutting-edge relevant topics in the field.
Topics include runoff, hydrograph analysis, magnitude and frequency (and modelling practical), groundwater, soil water storeage and fluxes, laboratory practical on soil hydrology, river flood control and river engineering, river basin hydrology, land management and climate change.
- Accredited by CIWEM
- Learn from world-class academic staff and study alongside postgraduate students
- Part of water@leeds
- Lectures are combined with field, laboratory and computer practicals and you will have access to academic facilities and resources
- Certificate of completion awarded
- Credits can be considered as prior learning when applying the for River Basin Dynamics and Management with GIS (MSc/PGDip) and MSc Environmental Water Consultancy (MSc/PGDip/PGCert)
Taught in Semester 1 (September enrolment) - Mon (1-3pm), with one of the 7 lectures on Tues (3-5pm)
22 hours contact:
- 7 x 2 hour lectures
- 3 x 2 hour practicals
- 2 x 1 hour tutorials
Modules can be taken as standalone courses or can also provide an entry route towards working for a postgraduate qualification. Participation together with successful completion of assessed work, leads to credits that can be considered as prior learning when applying for selected postgraduate programmes in the School of Geography.