- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: Evaluating cycling infrastructure with large observational data
- Supervisors: Dr Roger Beecham, Dr Robin Lovelace, Dr Stuart Barber
I am currently in my final year of a 4 year Integrated Masters and PhD in Data Analytics and Society. This PhD is funded by the ESRC as part of their Centre for Doctoral Training in Data Analytics and Society.
This PhD is a career break during my training to be a Consultant in Public Health. Prior to starting training as a Consultant in Public Health I worked as a GP in the NHS and a National Clinical Lead for what is now NHS Digital.
I have recently completed a Masters in Healthcare Leadership and a Masters in Public Health.
This PhD combines many of my keen interests:
- Big data
- Data analytics
- Data and evidence-driven Public Health Policy
- Public health benefits of cycling - increased physical exercise, reduced obesity, mental wellbeing, reduction in air pollution and the reduction in carbon emissions
I am currently focussing on how to compare and evaluate the impact of cycling infrastructure using big data.
- BSc Physiology
- MB ChB
- MSc Healthcare Leadership
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Spatial Analysis and Policy