In my PhD project, I am exploring the application of Big Data methods for climate change adaptation. More concretely, I will be analysing text data from around the world on climate change adaptation to see if we can identify trends and regional differences. This might help in the allocation of funds for climate change adpatation for example. One of the challenges I will need to negotiate in this project is that adaptation is a very broad field where In addition, I will try to combine the results of my analysis with more in-depth qualitative research on adaptation policy and international policy making.
- Climate change adaptation;
- Big Data;
- Natural Language Processing;
- International policy making.
- Joint Master Sustainable Development (MSc), Karl-Franzens Universität/Università Ca' Foscari
- Technology and Liberal Arts and Sciences (BSc), University of Twente