Throughout my studies, I have been interested in interdisciplinary problems in general, and climate change in specific. In my PhD project, I am exploring the application of machine learning methods for climate change adaptation. More concretely, I will be analysing text data from around the world on climate change adaptation to see if trends and regional differences can be identified. This might help in the allocation of funds for climate change adpatation for example. The use of computer-based methods in adaptation research is comparatively new, so the project is relatively exploratory; however, the aim is for these results to inform concrete actions and to support international decision making.
- Climate change adaptation;
- Big Data;
- Natural Language Processing;
- International policy making.
- Joint Master Sustainable Development (MSc), Karl-Franzens Universität/Università Ca' Foscari
- Technology and Liberal Arts and Sciences (BSc), University of Twente