- Position: Research and Database Assistant
- Areas of expertise: tropical forests; ecosystems functioning; south america
- Email: K.LisboaMelgacoLadvocat@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 10.22 Garstang
I am a Biologist at the early start of my research career. My main interests are understanding the response of tropical forests to environmental conditions, particularly on the physiological functioning of plants in response to climate change. Over the last 5 years, I’ve gained a great experience in data management, fieldwork logistics and coordination of field expeditions, many times in challenging conditions in the Amazon Forest. Among all of the experiences I have had, one of the most relevant was working directly in a Protected Area in the Amazon Forest, where at first I monitored the growth of trees with dendrometer bands on a bimonthly basis for two years as part of my Msc. research, and later coordinated the recensus of a large forest inventory (21 1ha plots). Recently, I have been working at Leeds University as Research and Database supporting Brazilian partners.
- Ecology Masters Academic Degree (INPA-Brazil)
- Specialist Degree in Environmental Management (UFRJ-Brazil)
- Biological Sciences (UFRRJ-Brazil)