Dr Guoqiang (Chris) Wu
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: demand and behaviour modelling; microsimulation and policy analysis; urban and social informatics; transport and mobility behaviour; agent-based modelling
- Email: G.Wu@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9680
- Location: Leeds Institute for Data Analytics Level 11, Worsley Building
- Website: LinkedIn | ORCID
I am a Research Fellow in Data Synthesis and Simulation based at the Leeds Institute for Data Analytics. My research centres on large-scale data modelling, spatial and policy microsimulation, and social and urban informatics. I ususally work with individual-based or micro-level models (e.g. time-use models, choice models, agent-based models) and big data analytics to predict and simulate individuals’ behaviour and demands. I am currently responsible for the SIPHER (Systems Science in Public Health and Health Economics Research) project funded by the UKPRP (UK Prevention Research Partnership), and I am focusing on health behaviour modelling and dynamic microsimulation.
- Large-scale data modelling and simulation for behaviour prediction.
- Big data analytics and quantitative planning methods.
- Urban and social informatics.
- Transport, health and digital behaviour.
- Urban and digital geography.
- Multimedia data collection for urban and behaviour studies.
- PhD Urban Studies, University of Glasgow
- MSc Infrastructure Planning, University College London
- BEng Construction Engineering, Chongqing University