Dr Yunxia Wang
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: land use/land cover changes, remote sensing approaches, forest disturbance mapping, Google Earth Engine(GEE) applications.
- Email: Y.Wang8@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 10.14 Garstang
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Researchgate | ORCID
I am a postdoctoral researcher at the School of Geography. I currently work on a project on “Plot-based analysis of South American Ecosystem Carbon Cycling”. This project will deliver a new understanding of spatial-temporal changes in biomass, productivity, and mortality across the Amazon rainforests.
I obtained my Ph.D. from the University of Leeds. My research is focused on the large-scale analysis of secondary forest dynamics and mapping tropical forest disturbances through time-series remote sensing approaches.
- Land use/land cover change
- Tropical degradation and deforestation
- Remote Sensing applications
- Google Earth Engine (GEE) programming
- PhD, Physical Geography, University of Leeds, 2019
- MSc, Land Use Management, Northwest Agriculture & Forestry University, 2015
- BSc, Engineering Management, Northeast Forestry University, 2012