- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Investigating satellite radiance data assimilation at different scales in an idealised convective modelling framework
- Supervisor: Professor Onno Bokhove, Professor Steve Tobias, Dr. Gordon Inverarity, Dr Stefano Migliorini
I have studied at the University of Bologna, from which I graduated in Physics (2014, BSc) and then in Physics of the Earth System (2017, MSc).
I carried out my master thesis research at the Norwegian Meteorological Institute (MET Norway), in Oslo. During my permanence there, I worked in the Division for the Climate Services on a spatial interpolation technique to merge model data and surface observations to improve the representation of the 2-meter temperature over Norway.
I have kept working at MET Norway on the same topic for some months after the end of the MSc, taking also part in the project UERRA (Uncertainties in Ensembles of Regional ReAnalysis), contributing to a final report about comparative assessment of regional reanalysis.
Since October 2017 I have been studying as a PhD student at the University of Leeds within the School of Mathematics. I am part of the 4th cohort of the NERC DTP.
I have a personal web page with more details here.
The general topic of my research project in Leeds is the Data Assimilation of satellite radiance data. A collaboration with the Data Assimilation Methods team (led by Gordon Inverarity) at the MET Office in Exeter has been established.
More generally, my scientific interests cover a broad spectrum of subjects within the dynamics of the atmosphere and its modeling, including synoptic climatology, convective processes and the low-frequency planetary variability (i.e. teleconnection patterns). I am also interested in science communication of weather and climate change.
- BSc, Physics, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna
- MSc, Physics of the Earth System, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science
- Atmospheric and Cloud Dynamics