- UK/EU/International: UK and EU
- Summary: One award is available to a student enrolled on either MSc Exploration Geophysics or MSc Structural Geology with Geophysics.
- Value - what money is on offer: £9000
- Who is eligible: It is a “Widening Participation” (WP) award, designed to make the course accessible to those whose financial and/or other circumstances would otherwise prevent their access to this taught-postgraduate programme. There is currently one award per academic year, (full-time attendance) for a fixed sum of £9,000.
- Deadline: 26th June 2020 (12 noon)
How to apply
Applicants must meet the usual academic admission criteria, and already hold an offer of a place on either the MSc Exploration Geophysics or MSc Structural Geology with Geophysics course.
You can apply for this award by filling in the Leeds Masters Scholarship form*.
[* the value of awards as stated at that link is £5,000, but by specifying MSc Exploration Geophysics or MSc Structural Geology with Geophysics and the Marsden Alumnus scholarship, you will automatically be considered for this scholarship with the award value at £9,000. If you are unsuccessful for the Marsden award you will automatically be considered for the Leeds Masters Scholarship]
Number of scholarships available
The Marsden Alumnus scholarship is funded by an endowment from Dr. Dave Marsden, a distinguished alumnus from the early years of the MSc Exploration Geophysics programme.
Year of entry