- Value: 3 years, subject to satisfactory progress, to include tuition fees (£4,400 for 2018/19), tax-free stipend (£14,777 for 2018/19), and research training and support grant in the amount of £750pa for 3 years.
- Number of awards: 4
- Deadline: 8 February 2019
The Priestley International Centre for Climate brings together researchers cross-campus to deliver excellent research to underpin robust and timely climate solutions. Leeds has outstanding reputation for climate related research with more than 170 experts and 110 PhD researchers and an active research grant portfolio of over £70m.
The Priestley Centre supports a range of events, activities and opportunities to foster exciting interdisciplinary collaborations including our Climate Exchange seminar series and public engagement events, Piers Sellers Prizes, Priestley Society, and Priestley Climate Scholars. Find out more at http://climate.leeds.ac.uk/
Projects available across the University of Leeds.
2. Identifying strategies for carbon-efficient commercial farming in the UK (apply to School of Biology)
3. Tropical weather-worlds (apply to School of English)
7. Participatory and social design of actions aiming to achieve 1.5° in Leeds (apply to School of Sociology and Social Policy)
8. Tradeoff between energy use, transport and food choices under personal carbon trading (apply to Institute for Transport Studies)
See projects for details.
How to apply
See links above.