- Geologist/geophysicist currently undertaking a Geology PhD at the Institute of Applied Geosciences, University of Leeds addressing the stratigraphic architecture of shallow marine systems in syn- and post-rift settings.
- Supervisors: Prof. David Hodgson, Dr. Richard Collier, Dr. Robert Dorrell (University of Hull) and Prof. Rob Gawthorpe (University of Bergen)
- Sponsored by Neptune Energy (formerly Engie).
- The PhD is an integrated numerical modelling, field- (Gulf of Corinth rift, Greece) and subsurface (Fulmar Fm., Central North Sea) study of tectono-stratigraphy with implications for basin analysis and earth-climate interactions.
- Key methodologies: 3D sequence stratigraphic forward modelling ('Syn-Strat' - Barrett et al. 2018), UAV-based photogrammetry, 3D digital outcrop models, classic field techniques, 3D seismic, well-log and core data analysis.
- Previously completed Geological Oceanography Integrated Masters with a Geophysics focus at Bangor University and achieved a 1st class honors with an average of 86%. For this, the Darbyshire Prize for the highest grade amongst the graduates of the School of Ocean Sciences, the prize for excellence in Science from SCI and the BSRG award for the best Masters thesis were awarded.
- Scientific publications in Geology and Geophysics fields from tuning and shallow gas, syn-rift sedimentation and tectonics and depositional reservoir quality.
- 3 x industrial summer internships with Statoil (Harstad, 2016; Trondheim, 2017) and RPS Energy (Woking, UK, 2014).
- Experienced terrestrial and offshore field studies requiring data aquisition and analysis.
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Applied Geoscience