- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a PhD student working with Prof. Andy Hooper to detect signs of volcanic unrest in InSAR time series acquired by the Sentinel-1 satellites. We aim to achieve this through the application of several machine learning methods, and consequently during the course of my Phd I have become familiar with:
- Blind signal separation methods:
- Principal component analysis (PCA).
- Spatial and temporal independent component analysis (ICA).
- The ICASO algorithm for assessing the reliability of ICA results.
- Non-negative matrix factorisation (NMF).
- Manifold learning methods:
- Multidimensional scaling (MDS).
- t-distributed stochastic neighbour embedding (t-SNE).
- Clustering methods:
- Agglomerative clustering.
- Density-based spatial clustering of applications with noise (DBSCAN).
- Hierarchical DBSCAN (HDBSCAN).
- Neural networks:
- Use of Keras with Tensorflow.
- Training of convolutional neural networks (CNN).
- Computational inverse theory (SOEE3250)
- PhD Candidate in Tectonics, 2014 - present
- M Earth Sci., The University of Oxford, 2006-2010
I am funded by the 'Looking inside the continents from space' (LiCS) project.
- <ul> <li>PhD Candidate in Tectonics, 2014 - present</li> <li>M Earth Sci., The University of Oxford, 2006-2010</li> </ul>