I am a Palaeo-Glaciologist, with a focus on the British-Irish Ice Sheet. I completed my undergraduate degree at the University of Sheffield and remained for an MSc in Polar and Alpine Change. My MSc dissertation mapped glacial landforms in the Firth of Forth, and suggested the ice dynamics of the British-Irish Ice Sheet in the area. I began my PhD in October 2016, using the BISICLES model to help understand the dynamics of the collapse of the British-Irish Ice Sheet.
Gandy N, Gregoire LJ, Ely J, Clark C, Hodgson D, Lee V, Bradwell T, Ivanovic RF (in review). Marine Ice Sheet Instability and Ice Shelf Buttressing Influenced Deglaciation of the Minch Ice Stream, Northwest Scotland. The Cryosphere Discussion.
- PhD, School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds
- MSc Polar and Alpine Change, University of Sheffield
- BSc Geography, University of Sheffield
Research groups and institutes
- Earth Surface Science Institute
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science