I am a postgraduate researcher working with Dr Martin Dallimer, Prof Bill Kunin and Prof Andy Dougil as part of the Sustainability Research Institute. My project aims to measure the potential of small Ghanaian cities to provide ecosystem services, understand the urban dwellers' perception of urban ecosystem services and explore the goverance structure surrounding the management of urban greenspaces. I am a member of the environment and development research group.
Prior to starting my PhD, I completed my master ecology at the Lund University. Having always been interested in the interactions between humans and the natural environment, I specialised in conservation and agro-ecology and wrote my master thesis on the effects of agroforestry on biological control in small-scale farms of Kenya. I have work experience as science outreach officer.
- Urban ecosystems
- Ecosystem services
- Perception of the natural environment
- Stakeholder mapping
- Natural resources management
- MSc, Biology, specialisation in Ecology, University of Lund, Sweden
- BSc, Biology and Ethnology (honors), University of Neuchatel, Switzerland
Research groups and institutes
- Sustainability Research Institute
- Environment and Development