- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: Effects of Volcanic Eruption Source Parameters on Radiative Forcing and Sulfate Deposition
I am a PhD student working with Dr. Anja Schmidt, Dr. Graham Mann and Prof. Ken Carslaw in the Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science (ICAS). My research involves looking at the effects of volcanism on the climate using the state-of-the-art aerosol-climate model UM-UKCA.
The project aims to develop a fundamental understanding of the relationship between eruption source parameters such as the mass of SO2 emitted by an eruption, the emission altitude and eruption latitude, and the magnitude of the climatic and environmental effects of volcanism. This will enable a detailed understanding of the impact of past volcanism and the impact of future eruptions.
I have a wide interest in climate science and climate change, but am especially interested in the influence of natural variability such as volcanism on the climate, volcanic hazards and aerosol and climate modelling.
- MSc Applied Meteorology and Climatology, University of Birmingham
- BSc Natural Sciences (Earth Sciences and Geography), Durham University
Research groups and institutes
- Atmospheric Chemistry and Aerosols
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science
- Climate Science and Impacts