Eduardo Morgado Bravo
I am a Chilean PhD student interested in igneous petrology associated with Andean volcanism. I joined the University of Leeds in October 2015 and here I work with Dr. Dan J. Morgan and Dr. Jason Harvey, also I work with Professor Miguel Ángel Parada (Universidad de Chile).
- Intensive conditions of magmatic systems: equilibrium in thermodynamic-multiphase systems, determination of temperature, pressure, oxygen fugacity and dissolved volatiles.
- Geochemistry of magmatic systems: Whole-rock composition, isotope and mineral chemistry, modelling of physical processes associated with mineral chemistry.
- Diffusion chronometry - timescales of magmatic processes: Timescales of magmatic processes via numerical modelling of elemental diffusion in zoned crystals.
- Combination of petrology and geophysics: Comparison and combination of magmatic timescales with geophysics and volcano monitoring.
- MSc, Earth Sciences, Universidad de Chile
- BSc, Geology, Universidad de Chile
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Geophysics and Tectonics
- Rocks, Melts and Fluids