James R. Norcliffe
- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: The rift-drift transition on magma-rich margins
I started my PhD at the University of Leeds in March 2015, where I am studying the transition from continental-rifting to oceanic-spreading in the Orange Basin, offshore Southwest Africa. This follows on from a BSc is Geology (University of Leicester) and an MSc in Structural Geology and Geophysics (University of Leeds). Between my MSc and PhD I worked on a Basin Structure Group consultancy project on the evolution of the Colombian Eastern Cordillera.
Currently I use 2D seismic reflection data to study the transition from continental to oceanic crust in the Orange Basin. In particular, my research focuses on the characterisation and evolution of the SDR wedge.
In addition to the above, I have worked on and am interested in:
- Basin inversion and uplift
- Salt tectonics
- Compressional tectonics and structural restorations
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Applied Geoscience
- Institute of Geophysics and Tectonics