- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Modelling volcanic instabilities and their threats to marine infrastructure and the coastal population in Indonesia (A case study in Mt. Gamalama)
- Supervisors: Professor Jurgen (Locko) Neuberg, Dr Mark Thomas, Jon Hill (University of York)
I am conducting research on the Mt. Gamalama instabilities, in Indonesia. Since this volcano has the history of the tsunami generation, my project will attempt to estimate the potential volumes and types of landslides and to model the tsunami generation which can be caused by the landslides. This project will contribute to efforts of the goverment of Indonesia regarding hazard mitigation, in particular volcanic hazards.
My study is funded by Newton Fund and Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of Indonesia.
- M.Sc., Geophysics, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia
- B.Ed., Physics Education, Universitas Negeri Makassar, Indonesia
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Geophysics and Tectonics