The project will focus on using the Met Office Unified Model (MetUM) to investigate periods of rapid intensification in tropical cyclones, using the new diabatic heating tracers, and add to current understanding of how diabatic core processes are involved.
- Diabatic processes in tropical cyclones
- Modelling rapid intensification in tropical cyclones
- Use of PV and theta tracers to diagnose periods of rapid intensification
- Solving the Sawyer Eliassen equation for 'real' storms
- Mediterranean tropical cyclones 'medicanes'
- MSci (Hons), Natural sciences, Durham University
- MRes, Climate and atmospheric sciences, University of Leeds
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science