I am in the final stages of my PhD working with Prof Dominick Spracklen, Prof Piers Forster and Dr Susannah Sallu.
I am interested in how energy consumption, particularly energy poverty, leads to adverse effects on air quality, human health and the climate.
My PhD research area focused on developing a greater understanding of the global and regional impact of air pollution exposure on the human burden of disease, particularly focusing on pollution from the small-scale combustion of household or residential solid fuels for cooking and heating needs. My supervisors were Prof Dominick Spracklen, Prof Piers Forster and Dr Susannah Sallu. My studentship was funded in partnership with the University of Leeds and the United Bank of Carbon.
For my MSc, I quantified forest carbon savings from a number of REDD and REDD+ projects.
- PhD, Univerity of Leeds (submitted)
- MSc, Sustainability and Climate Change, University of Leeds
- BSc, Earth Sciences, University of Manchester
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science
- Atmospheric Chemistry and Aerosols