Dr Graeme Lloyd
- Position: University Academic Fellow
- Areas of expertise: palaeobiology; macroevolution; vertebrates; phylogenetics; statistics; R; palaeobiogeography
- Email: G.T.Lloyd@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 9.158 School of Earth and Environment
- Website: graemetlloyd.com | Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I am a University Academic Fellow in Vertebrate Palaeontology.
I am broadly interested in macroevolution (evolution above the species-level) as captured by the fossil record. This manifests as multiple different research strands, including: 1) the generation of large phylogenetic hypotheses (family trees) of primarily tetrapod groups (mammals, reptiles, amphibians), 2) generating and applying biodiversity metrics (richness, phylogenetic diversity, morphological disparity) to palaeontological data, and 3) generating new methods for palaeobiogeographic analysis. Practically speaking I build databases and software and try to collborate with experts on the groups I work on.
Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all research projects allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.
- PhD, Palaeobiology, University of Bristol
- MSc, Palaeobiology, University of Bristol
- BSc, Geology, University College London
- Executive Committee of The Paleobiology Database (2015 -)
- Newsletter Editor and Trustee for The Palaeontological Association
- Senior Academic for the Symposium of Vertebrate Palaeontology and Comparative Anatomy
- Member of the Society for the Study of Evolution (2011 -)
- Member of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology (2003 -)
- Member of the Palaeontological Association (2000 -)
- Review Editor - Editorial Board of Paleontology, a specialty of Frontiers in Earth Science and Ecology and Evolution (2015 -)
I generally teach to my skills (palaeobiology and statistics), but also give tutorials and supervise student projects. Recently I have offered projects on dinosaurs and squamates (lizards and snakes).
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="//environment.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.