Dr Nigel Richards
- Position: NERC DTP Manager
- Areas of expertise: Atmospheric chemistry; satellite observations of tropospheric composition; global modelling of tropospheric chemistry, validation of satellite retrievals of tropospheric composition
- Email: N.A.D.Richards@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 9.08 Priestley Building
- Website: NERC PANORAMA DTP | ORCID
2014 - present: NERC DTP Manager, University of Leeds
2009 - 2015: Postdoctoral research fellow, NCEO, University of Leeds
2007 - 2009: Postdoctoral research fellow, University of Leeds
2005 - 2007: Postdoctoral research fellow, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), USA
I am currently the manager of the University of Leeds led NERC SPHERES and Panorama Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs). The DTPs provide scholarships and training for PhD students in environmental science.
My research interests include the use of satellite, aircraft and ground based observations in conjunction with chemistry transport modeling to investigate tropospheric composition, air quality, the long range transport of pollutants and their impact on climate. I have also performed validation of satellite retrieved datasets for tropospheric composition using aircraft observations.
- MPhys, Physics with Space Science and Technology, University of Leicester
- PhD Physics (Earth Observation Science), University of Leicester