- Position: Graduate Teaching Assistant/ Postgraduate Researcher
- Areas of expertise: geochemistry of hydrothermal systems; gold deposits; orogenic terrains; ore geology
- Email: C.Spence-Jones@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 7.130 School of Earth and Environment
I joined the School of Earth and Environment in January 2015 as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, and also study a part-time PhD.
I currently assist with teaching of undergraduate students in practical sessions and on many of the field courses and run the Wednesday drop in session for students.
My PhD is titled "Evaluation of the mineralogy of gold in organic belts: examining the influence of host lithology and fluid processes on trace element systems."
My Research is funded through a full Scholarship from the University of Leeds, with aditonal funding provided by the Society of Economic Geologists through a Graduate Student Fellowship (US$10,000.00).
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Fellow of the Geological Society
- Member of the Society for Economic Geology (SEG)
- Member of the Mineral Deposits Studies Group (MDSG)
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Applied Geoscience
- Ores and Mineralization