Dr Peyman Babakhani
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Reactive Transport; Porous Media; Colloid Transport; Colloid Stability; Nanoparticle Aggregation; Numerical Modelling; Machine Learning; Environmental Nanotechnology; Continuum Model; Population Balance Model
- Email: P.Babakhani@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 9.160 School of Earth and Environment
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I am a postdoctoral fellow at the School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds. I obtained a dual-degree PhD from the School of Engineering, University of Liverpool, UK, and the College of Nuclear Science, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan in 2019.
While my current research involves reactive transport modelling of organic carbon in marine sediments, in the past I have been focused on environmental nanotechnology including the fate and transport of nanoparticles in porous media and aquatic environments as well as the use of engineered nanoparticles for environmental remediation.
On these topics to date, I have published several first-authored papers including one published in the Scientific Reports journal, and one specified as “hot article” in the Environmental Science: Nano journal.I would like to combine my knowledge and modelling skills in the two fields of environmental nanotechnology and biogeochemistry to address environmental problems such as climate change and microplastics in the future.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
Research groups and institutes
- Cohen Geochemistry
- Earth Surface Science Institute