Dr Sarah Chapman
Sarah is a post-doctoral researcher within the Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences (ICAS) at the University of Leeds. She is currently working on the AFRICAP project involving climate change and agriculture in East Africa, using a convection-permitting model applied to present-day and future climates.
She completed her PhD at the University of Queensland, Australia. There she studied the impact of climate change and urban growth on the urban heat island and heat stress.
- Tropical meteorology and climate
- Urban climates
- Climate change and the impact of climate change on other sectors (human health, agriculture)
- Heat stress
- PhD, University of Queensland
- Master of Environmental Management, University of Queensland
- BSc, McGill University
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science