Dr Hebin Lin
- Position: Impact and Economic Evaluator
- Areas of expertise: Ecological economics; ecosystem services; environmental policy, governance and partnerships; catchment management; project management; monitoring and evaluation
- Email: H.B.Lin@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 9.127 School of Earth and Environment
- Website: iCASP | ORCID
I joined the School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds in November 2020 as the Impact and Economic Evaluator for the Yorkshire Integrated Catchment Solutions Programme (iCASP). I bring experiences of working in research institutes, funding organisations and provincial governments, and skills in constructing and analysing large databases, developing public policy-oriented models, working with various types of stakeholders, and managing complex and multidisciplinary projects in diverse geographical locations and socioeconomic contexts.
Currently I am developing a comprehensive impact and evidence database and dynamic evaluation methodologies to facilitate monitoring, evaluating and reporting the socioeconomic impacts of the iCASP program and its 30+ component projects. I endeavour to communicate impacts in a systematic, cohesive, visual and forward-looking manner to both internal team members and external stakeholders so as to support sustainable development at the local, regional, national and international scales.
2020-present, Impact and Economic Evaluator, University of Leeds, UK
2019-2020, Revenue Forecaster, Washington State Government, USA
2016-2019, Economist, Missouri State Government, USA
2013, Researcher, Research Institute for Humanity and Nature, Japan
2010-2015, Researcher and Lecturer, International Lake Environment Committee Foundation, Japan
I am serving on the editorial/reviewer boards for the following journals.
I regularly review manuscripts submitted to the following journals.
- Ecological Economics
- Ecological Indicators
- Environmental Management and Sustainable Development
- Environmental Research and Public Health
- Environmental Science and Pollution Research
- Water Resources and Management
- Water Resources Research
- Yorkshire Integrated Catchment Solutions Programme (iCASP) - Impact and Economic Evaluator
I am interested in conducting interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary research that have the following impacts:
- Contributing to human understanding of the ecosystem, its functions and services for sustaining socioeconomic and cultural activities in human societies
- Cultivating the development of community partnerships for collaborative adaptation to changes in both ecosystem and socioeconomic systems
- Informing the implementation of environmental planning and public policy to be consistent with the characteristics of watersheds/catchments/drainage basins
- PhD in Global Ecological Economics, Kyoto University
- MA in Environmental Policy, Hiroshima University
- BA in Environmental Economics, Renmin University of China
Research groups and institutes
- Sustainability Research Institute
- Economics and Policy for Sustainability