Eugeni Vidal Tortosa
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: cycling; active travel; inequalities; road safety; spatial analysis; data visualization
- Email: E.VidalTortosa@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Room 1.04, Institute for Transport Studies (34-40 University Road)
- Website: GitHub | Googlescholar | ORCID
I am a Research Fellow in Active Travel and Road Safety Data Science at the Institute for Transport Studies (ITS). I joined the ITS staff in early April 2022. My profile is interdisciplinary and I have experience in both academia and industry. Between 2017 and 2021, I was a Data Analytics and Society PhD student in the <a href=https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/geography>School of Geography at the University of Leeds</a> and <a href=https://lida.leeds.ac.uk>Leeds Institute for Data Analytics</a>. Before that, I was a transport planner in a leading transport consultancy firm in Barcelona (Spain). There, I worked on a multidisciplinary team and conducted studies on sustainable transport, active travel, and road safety.
My PhD entitled ‘Cycling and socioeconomic disadvantage’ examined the relationships between cycling and socioeconomic disadvantage in England from three perspectives: behaviour, environment, and safety. To do so, I used a varied range of datasets (National Travel Survey, Active Lives Adult Survey, STATS19, and population and environmental data) and quantitative methods (descriptive, regression, and multilevel regression analyses). The three papers that contributed to the thesis are published in high-ranking journals.
I am currently working with <a href=https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/transport/staff/953/dr-robin-lovelace>Robin Lovelace</a> on several projects focused on transport behaviour change (uptake of active modes in particular) and road traffic safety.
I have demonstrated in the modules:
- GEOG5927M Predictive Analytics
- TRAN5115M Sustainable Spatial Planning and Analysis
- PhD in Geography, University of Leeds
- MSc in Data Analytics and Society, University of Leeds
- MSc in Transport Planning, University of Leeds
- Master in Mobility Management, Technical University of Catalonia
- Master in Strategies and Environmental Management, University of Valencia
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Valencia
Research groups and institutes
- Social and Political Sciences