Rafael Alexandre dos Reis
I am particularly interested on the field of social psychology applied to urban mobility. Particularly, my current PhD project looks at the behavioural aspects that determine the individual acceptance of a range of positive incentives to sustainable travel. Positive incentives are strategies that focus on stimulating sustainable travel by offering rewards, tailored-information or social media tools to mitigate behaviour change. It is an alternative to the traditional 'punitive measures' (e.g tolls, gas prices, etc.)
In summary, research interests are:
- Reduction on the use of Conventionally fuelled vehicles' (CFVs) ;
- The role of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in urban transport and behaviour change;
- Psychological determinants of CFV’s use and mobility behaviour change.
- 2015 – present. PhD student at the University of Leeds, UK. Research topic: Individual acceptability of smartphone-based positive incentives for sustainable mobility behaviour.
- 2012 – 2014. MEng in Industrial Engineering, University of the State of Parana (UFPR), funded by the Brazilian Council for Scientific and Technological Development, CnPQ). Research topic: Critical Factors for User Acceptance of Information Technologies.
- 2007 – 2011. Industrial Engineer, University of the State of Parana (UFPR). Conclusion work topic: Organizational factors for an intra-preneurial culture.
- 2014 – 2015. Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects, Infrastructure Works and Services of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, at the city of Curitiba.
This project had the main objective of doing research and scientific developments aiming to monitor and evaluate the necessary activities for the successful completion of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, hosted in Brazil, observing the potential legacy left by the event on the population’s quality of life.
- 2012 – 2013. The ‘Compass of Sustainability’ Project.
The main goal of the project was to promote alignment between business strategies and industries activities to social, environmental, economic, cultural and spatial aspects of sustainability, taking in consideration the changing business dynamics and stimulating competitiveness.
- 2009 – 2013 / The ‘Green Map’ project: a mapping methodology for the encour-agement and dissemination of sustainable practices.
The project Green Map project Curitiba was created from a partnership between the American NGO Green Map System and Federal University of Paraná. In 1987 the NGO Green Map began its work in order to show a map of the positive elements on urban ecology, such as public gardens, green markets, ecologically designed buildings among others, along with the concern of drawing attention to issues related to the problem of over-consumption and sustainable development. The NGO believes that maps are powerful tools that shape the perception of the space around us and creates new ways to explore. The green map of Curitiba follows the example of the NGO and proposes Curitiba`s citizens to build the green map of their city.
- 2010 – 2011 / UFPR’s Virtual Campus Development
The project was designed to help students and other university collaborators move around the campus and get to know all the services available through an interactive map. It had a special focus on showing green sites available on campus suck as parks, bike routes, recycling sites, etc.
- REIS, R. A.; FREITAS, M. C. D. . Critical Factors on Information Technology Acceptance and Use: An Analysis on Small and Medium Brazilian Clothing Industries. Procedia Computer Science, v. 31, p. 105-114, 2014.
- REIS, R. A.; FREITAS, M. C. D. . Mapeamento dos Indicadores de Cultura Intra-Empreendedora em um Ambiente Empresarial Inovador. Revista Gestão do Conhecimento (Curitiba. Impresso), v. 8, p. 46-56, 2014.
- SEHN, M. F. ; REIS, R. A. ; DA SILVA, H. F. N . Panorama Nacional das Pesquisas sobre a Gestão do Conhecimento: um estudo a partir da plataforma SciELO.. Revista Latino-Americana de Inovação e Engenharia de Produção, v. 1, p. 59-75, 2013.
- REIS, R. A.; FREITAS, M.C. D. ; ISHIDA, C. Y. . GREEN MAP SYSTEM : Ferramenta, conteúdos e serviços digitais para projetos de campi virtuais. Extensão em Foco (Curitiba), v. 8, p. 1-19, 2013.
- DOS REIS, R. A; GRANT-MULLER, S. HODGSON, F. Personal attitudes to positive incentives to reduce the use of conventionally fuelled vehicles: a comparative study in Curitiba, Brazil. World Conference on Transport Research - WCTR 2019, Mumbai, India. To be published.
- FREITAS, M. C. D. ; GRUNBERG, P. R. M. ; TAVARES, J. C. ; REIS, R. A. ; TAVARES, S. F. Bibliometric Study of Scientific Production on the Latin American Meeting on Building and Sustainable Communities. In: Euro ELECS, 2015, Málaga. Anais do EURO ELECS, 2015.
- REIS, R. A. ; FREITAS, M.C. D. . Online informational content about the structure of a university: the case of the Virtual Campus UFPR. In: Encontro Nacional de Engenharia de Produção. In: Encontro Nacional de Engenharia de Produção, 2014, Curitiba. Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Engenharia de Producao, 2014.
- REIS, R. A. ; FREITAS, M. C. D. ; ALMEIDA, C. A. Mapping the difficulties of implementing the Six Sigma program: a theoretical survey.In: Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia de Produção, 2012, Ponta Grossa. Anais do II Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia de Produção, 2012. Available at http://www.aprepro.org.br/conbrepro/2012/anais/artigos/gestaoproducao/42.pdf
- ALMEIDA, C. A. ; MULLER, S. I. M. G. ; CARDOSO NETO, J. ; MINERVI, N. A. ; REIS, R. A. . Six Sigma: Portrait Scientific Electronic Library Production Indexed in SciELO. In: Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia de Produção, 2012, Ponta Grossa. Anais do II Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia de Produção, 2012. Available at http://www.aprepro.org.br/conbrepro/2012/anais/artigos/gestaoqua/4.pdf
- REIS, R. A. ; REIS, D. R. . Performance of the Municipality of Curitiba in Fostering Innovation: The ISS Technology Program. In: IV Simpósio Nacional de Tecnologia e Sociedade, 2011, Curitiba. ANAIS TECSOC 2011, 2011. Available at http://www.esocite.org.br/eventos/tecsoc2011/cd-anais/arquivos/pdfs/artigos/gt026-atuacaoda.pdf
- REIS, R. A. ; FREITAS, M. C. D. . Digital content and services available in the designs of virtual campuses. In: Encontro de Iniciação Tecnológica da UFPR, 2010, Curitiba. Livro de Resumos 3º EINTI, 2010. Available at http://www.prppg.ufpr.br/sites/default/files/documentos/ic/evinci/18/livro_resumos_2010.pdf
- REIS, R. A. ; OLIVEIRA, D. R. ; FREITAS, M. C. D. ; MENDES JÚNIOR, R. The iconography as a tool for environmental education. In: Conferência Internacional de Educação para o Desenvolvimento Sustentável, 2010, Curitiba. O papel da Educação para a Sustentabilidade na Universidade, Empresa e Governo, 2010.
- FREITAS, M. C. D. ; OLIVEIRA, B. F. ; REIS, R. A. . Digital Inclusion. The School in the XXI Century Volume 3: Virtualization Relations: A Challenge of School Management. 1ed. Rio de Janeiro: Brasfort, 2013, v. 3, p. 95-117. http://www.bookmart.com.br/produto/a-escola-no-seculo-xxi-volume-3-virtualizacao-das-relacoes-um-desafio-da-gestao-escolar/
- Mar 2014 – Oct 2014. Federal University of Paraná. Researcher.
- Oct 2012 – Jun 2013. Federation of Industries of the State of Paraná (FIEP). Researcher.
- Dec 2010 – Dec 2011. ExxonMobil BSC Brazil. Logistics Assistant.
- Jan 2009 – Dec 2010. Federal University of Paraná. Researcher.
- May 2008 – October 2008. RC2 Training and Consulting. Internship.
- 2011 – 2012. Creation and administration of the ‘Latin American Innovation and Industrial Engineering Journal’. http://revistas.ufpr.br/relainep/.
- Industrial Engineer
- Msc in Industrial Engineering