I am a PhD research student at the Institute for Transport Studies investigating accessibility to healthcare by socially disadvantaged groups.
My research project comprises the development of a conceptual understanding of accessibility grounded in human needs theories and the social exclusion approach to transport and an extensive qualitative fieldwork to identify the most important transport and health-related barriers faced by socially disadvantaged groups in accessing healthcare.
The PhD project is supported by a competitive scholarship from the Brazilian Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq).
Key Research Interests
- Social equity and transport
- Transport and health
- Transport-related social exclusion
- Sustainable mobility in Global South cities
- MSc Urban Planning and Development, HafenCity Universität Hamburg, Germany
- BSc Economics, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- BSc Social Communication, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Research groups and institutes
- Social and Political Sciences
- Spatial Modelling and Dynamics