Dr Kathryn G. Logan
- Position: Research Fellow in Transport Decarbonisation
- Areas of expertise: Energy; Policy; Transport Public; Electric Transport; Hydrogen Transport
- Email: K.Logan@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)787 424 9064
- Location: 1.06 Institute for Transport Studies
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I am a Research Fellow in Transport Decarbonisation in the Institute for Transport Studies at the University of Leeds.
I obtained my PhD in Environmental Science from the University of Aberdeen investigating the impact of the electrification of transport and the related trade-offs on greenhouse gas emission reductions on ecosystem services and natural capital as part of the ADressing Nature and Energy Together (ADVENT) partnership funded by the National Enviornmental Research Council (NERC).
After completing my PhD, I went on to work as an Energy Policy Researcher at University College Dublin which involved taking a multidisciplinary approach to bring together research focusing on energy systems, energy management and energy in society in Ireland for both academics and policymakers.
I then worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Arizona Institute for Resilient Environments and Societies at the Unviersity of Arizona as part of the University Climate Change Coalition (UC3) programme, working on urban climate action.
This included working to help identify and analyse novel pathways considering trade-offs, synergies, and equity within the energy and transport sectors as the City of Tucson develops their climate action plan.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in Environmental Science (University of Aberdeen)
- BSc (Hons) in Environmental Science (University of Aberdeen)