Dr Adeel Muhammad
Dr Adeel joined Institute for Transport Studies in February 2019. Adeel holds PhD and BSc in urban planning and an MS in GIS and Remote Sensing. Previously, from year 2015 to 2019, Dr. Adeel worked as a Research Officer at LSE Cities in the London School of Economics where his research focused on mapping and analysing the spatial and temporal dynamics of urban expansion and transport mobility in metropolitan areas across the Asia and Africa.
Dr Adeel's research revolves around the analysis of urban transport mobility and accessibility through statistical, spatial and qualitative methods.
Current research projects:
Dr. Adeel worked as postdoctoral researcher in two of the LSE Cities' major research projects, Resource Urbanisms and Urban Age's Africa Conference 'Developing Urban Futures, Addis Ababa 2018'. Dr. Adeel's PhD research at the university of Hong Kong explored the sociocultural aspects of transportation disadvantage and their effect on individual mobility, and access to services in Pakistan through deeper analysis of time use diaries and questionnaire surveys.
His doctoral research won two international research awards,
- Best paper in 'Transport Policy, Transport Patterns and Mobility’ (Women Issues in Transport Conference, 2014, Paris), and
- Best PhD dissertation on 'urban mobility in developing countries’ (join winner, CODATU Dissertation Prize, 2015, Paris).
Adeel is also a Principal Investigator of a small ongoing research project KITE (January-July 2019), funded by London School of Economics’ Middle East Centre, that examines the issues of transport equity in Kuwait metropolitan.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in Urban Planning and Design, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- MS in Remote Sensing and GIS, National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan
- BSc in City & Regional Planning, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore Pakistan