Dr Ehsan Sadraei
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Distributed simulation; Virtual reality applications; Motion platform control algorithms; Human perception of self motion; Multibody dynamics; Finite element method; Physics based modeling
- Email: E.Sadraei@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 8.241 Driving Simulator Physics Research Deck
- Website: LinkedIn | Researchgate
My research experience include modelling and simulation of different procedures from pedestrian and driving to surgery simulators, and associated engineering and human factor aspects.
I have started research fellow position in February 2020, working on distributed simulation of driver and pedestrian, with application to autonomous vehicles. Ride comfort studies to assist in vehicle designs in high performance motion simulators.
I recieved my PhD from University of Leeds in 2019. I have been a member of the Program for Simulation Innovation (PSi), a joint project of Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) and EPSRC. My project was about improving driving simulators motion cueing fidelity using optimal control algorithms, and motion platform design requirements.
Member of Virtuocity - University of Leeds.
Highly Immersive Kinematic Experimental Research (HIKER) pedestrian lab
- Scenario development
- CAVE-based visualisation
- Human body tracking analysis
University of Leeds Driving Simulator (UoLDS)
- Motion control algorithms
- Drivers perception modeling and analysis
- Psycho-physical experimental design and conduction
- Simulator fidelity
Medical surgery simulators
- Deformable objects modeling/simulation, continuum mechanics, FEM, MSD
- Dynamic and control of multibody rigid objects
- PSi (EPSRC/Jaguar Land Rover, 2013-2018)
- L3Pilot (EU H2020, 2017-2021).
- HumanDRIVE (Innovate UK, 2017-2019)
- PhD in Transport Studies
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering