- Position: Senior Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: transport policies; urban freight; food logistics; Food Hubs; e-commerce logistics; low carbon transport
- Email: M.E.Morganti@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0014
- Location: Room 1.16, Institute for Transport Studies (34-40 University Road)
Eleonora Morganti is Senior Researcher Fellow on freight transport and logistics policies and urban planning.
Her current research areas focus on food logistics and e-commerce parcel deliveries to end-consumers. Her approach explores the effects of new consumption and purchasing habits on the urban freight system and delivery service operations. The food supply sector represents her main field of study, comparing different logistics solutions in urban areas in Europe and the Americas. In the past years, she worked at the Ecole des Ponts – ParisTech and at the French Institute of Science and Technology for Transport, Development and Networks (IFSTTAR). In France she examined policies related to low-carbon transport and strategies to foster the adoption of electric vans on last mile deliveries. Moreover she carried on research on alternative to home deliveries to reduce economic and environmental costs related to e-commerce deliveries in dense areas. In 2011, she completed her Ph.D. on Policies for Sustainable Development at the University of Bologna, Italy, with a thesis focused on urban food transport and governance. Eleonora was a visiting scholar at the University of Santa Cruz, California (US) and at the University of Pisa, Italy. Over the years she collaborated with different institutions, such as the Renault Institute of Sustainable Mobility and the Volvo Research and Education Foundation (VREF).
- Mapping the Production-Consumption Gap, Health Outcomes and Potential Circular Economy of the Leeds Food System
Research groups and institutes
- Economics and Appraisal