- Overview: Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) and Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES) are analytical techniques used to determine elemental concentrations in liquid samples.
- Contact name: Stephen Reid
- Phone: +44 (0)113 343 2361
- Email: email@example.com
Our equipment is capable of analysing a wide range of natural, synthetic and experimental samples and includes:
- A Thermo Scientific iCAPQc ICP-MS capable of determining concentrations of some elements at ng / L concentrations
- A Thermo Scientific iCAP 7400 Radial ICP-OES capable of determining concentrations of some elements at µg / L concentrations.
- Thermo Fisher iCAPQc ICP-MS
- Thermo Fisher iCAP 7400 Radial ICP-OES
These instruments are available for consultancy work and are used to analyse a wide range of aqueous samples. General methods have been developed and validated for the analysis of:
- Fresh waters
- Whole rock digests
- Biological samples.
ICP-MS and ICP-OES are capable of analysing more than 70 elements and methods have also been developed for a wide range of specific applications either for general or more specialised methods.
Our ICP instrumentation can be set up for a number of more specialist techniques including:
- Organic solvent analysis
- Ion Chromatography-ICP-MS
- Isotope dilution calibrations.
Who can use the facility?
We are committed to sharing our facilities and associated expertise with external academic and industrial collaborators.