Dr Sarah Jing Guo
- Position: Lecturer in Nutrition and Public Health
- Email: S.J.Guo@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3435
- Website: ORCID
Sarah is a UK Registered Nutritionist. She gained a UK scholarship (Barham Benevolent Fund) to study PhD (2013-2017) in Human Nutrition and Epidemiology at the University of Reading. After that, she was appointed as a full-time RETF research fellow in the same institute before moving to the University of Northampton as a Lecturer in Nutritional Biochemistry in 2021. From 2022, Sarah worked as a lecturer in Nutrition and Public Health at the University of Leeds.
Sarah has achieved excellent and effective working relationships with multidisciplinary teams in the UK, EU and the World. She has received several rewards for her research including the Postgraduate Award (2017) from the Nutrition Society (UK and Ireland), the Drummond Early Career Scientist Award (2018) from the British Nutrition Foundation, and the RETF Best Research Output Prize (2019) from the University of Reading. Also, she has recently been endorsed by the Royal Society as a Global Talent working in the UK.
Sarah’s main areas of research interest are:
- Nutritional epidemiology studies and human intervention studies on the association between dietary pattern, diet (e.g., dairy, eggs) or nutrients (e.g., vitamin D, iodine) and chronic disease risk (e.g., cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancers).
- Food fortification and biofortification as potential strategies for prevention of nutrient deficiency (e.g., vitamin D).
- Science communication (e.g., nutrition training for general consumers and medical professionals).
- PhD Human Nutrition and Epidemiology
- UK Registered Nutritionist
- Fellowship of Higher Education Academy
- Big Data Epidemiology (University of Oxford)
- Committee of Global Nutrition Leadership Platform
- Committee of Federation of European Nutrition Societies
- Committee of The Nutrition Society and International Food Information Service (IFIS) Advisory Board
- Editorial Board Member of the Proceedings of the Nutrition Society (PNS)
- Member of The Nutrition Society (UK)
- Member of International Society of Hypertension (ISH)
- Member of Institute of Food Science and Technology (IFST)
- Member of American Society for Nutrition (ASN)
Module Leaders for Nutrition Policy and Public Health & Nutrition: Policy and Practice modules.
Co-teach Principles of Human Physiology and Nutrition
<h4>Postgraduate research opportunities</h4> <p>We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="https://phd.leeds.ac.uk">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.</p>