Dr Mark Hopkins
- Position: Lecturer in Nutritional Physiology
- Areas of expertise: Appetite control; energy intake; energy expenditure; body composition; weight loss; obesity; exercise; diet; individual variability
- Email: M.Hopkins@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6990
- Location: 8.77 EC Stoner
- Website: Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
- Undergraduate Admissions Tutor
Mark is a lecturer in nutritional physiology in the School of Food Science and Nutrition. His research focuses primarily on the physiological mechanisms of appetite control, and the interaction between diet, physical activity and appetite control. In particular, he is interested in:
- Body composition and energy expenditure as drivers of appetite and food intake.
- Physiological and behavioural responses to dietary and exercise-induced weight loss.
- The interaction between diet, physical activity and appetite control.
- Individual variability in treatment response to weight loss.
- PhD- University of Leeds
- PGCLTHE- University of Leeds
- MSc- Leeds Beckett University
- BSc- Leeds Beckett University
- The Association for the Study of Obesity
- The British Association of Sport & Exercise Science
- The Nutrition Society
Research groups and institutes
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Obesity, Cancer and Metabolic Disease
- Human Nutrition and Lifestyle Intervention