- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supervisor: Dr Cat Scott, Dr Stuart King, Dr Hannah Walker, Dr William Mackaness, Christopher Fleet
I’m a PhD researcher in the School of Earth and Environment, within the Biosphere-Atmopshere group. My PhD is supported by the SENSE CDT.
My PhD title is Urban Forests through Space and Time. This is looking at the benefits trees have provided in UK cities over time with the aim of informing future tree planting in Leeds and Edinburgh.
After completing my BSc in Physics at Durham University I spent two years working full time as a software developer at the Centre for Environmental Data Analysis (CEDA). I then continued to work at CEDA part time while completing my MRes in Climate and Atmopsheric Science at the University of Leeds.
My main research interests are:
- how we can use tree planting to mitigate climate change;
- the benefits of having trees in urban areas.
- MRes Climate and Atmopsheric Science
- BSc Physics
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science