- Email: P.Foster1@leeds.ac.uk
- Thesis title: Using microfluidic technology to measure and identify ice-nucleating particles
- Supervisor: Professor Benjamin Murray, Dr Sally Peyman, Dr Mark Tarn
I am a PhD student in the Institute of Climate and Atmospheric Science, my research is funded as part of the EPSRC Aerosol Science CDT.
I graduated from University of Leeds in 2021 with a BSc in Meteorology and Climate Science. My undergraduate project looked at relationships between ice-nucleating particle concentrations and meteorological variables in a Finnish boreal forest. The first year of my PhD consisted of 7 months of training at University of Bristol in Core Aerosol Science, Research Methods, and Professionalism and Translation.
I then undertook a 3 month research project at University of Hertfordshire in the BioMEMS group, characterising the collection efficiency of a personal aerosol sampler.
- Atmospheric ice-nucleation
- Aerosol sampling and detection
- Aerosol-cloud interactions
- Microfluidic technology
- BSc Meteorology and Climate Science, University of Leeds
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science