Dr Ben Maybee
- Position: Impact Translation Fellow
- Areas of expertise: MJO and interannual variability; rainfall ensemble forecasts
- Email: B.W.Maybee@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 11.06 Priestley Building
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | ORCID
I am a postdoctoral researcher based in the School of Earth and Environment, originally with a background in high energy physics. I am interested in atmospheric dynamics, global teleconnections and ensemble rainfall forecasting.
Current project: iCASP Enhanced Surface Water Flood Forecasting, testing enhanced SWF flood forecasts in a Yorkshire testbed.
Previous project: Impact of the Madden-Julian oscillation on interannual variability of East African rainfall, supported by the HyCristal project.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD, Theoretical Particle Physics, The University of Edinburgh
- MPhys, BSc Theoretical Physics, University of Leeds
- Institute of Physics
- Royal Meteorological Society