- Position: AXA Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Fisheries; food systems; aquaculture; climate change; environmental politics; community-led development; African rural development; social science research methods
- Email: N.A.Okeke-Ogbuafor@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I am a marine social scientist and AXA Fellow, working on coastal livelihoods in the School of Earth and Environment. I specialize in fisheries governance. Trained in social science research methods and digital humanities, I enjoy developing bespoke participatory research methods and linking data across diverse data resources.
Before taking up the AXA Fellowship, I had previously secured research funds from states and national governments, the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), and the adaptation Research Alliance (ARA). I collaborate with the private sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and especially community-based groups to deliver research impacts and create change in my case communities and beyond.
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA). I hold a Ph.D. in Development Studies and a postgraduate certificate in social science research methods from Newcastle University. I joined the University of Leeds in 2021 from Lincoln University, where I lectured in the school of geography.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Development Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Research Training
- BSc Geography
- Development Studies Association
- African Peace Research and Education Association