Dr Ana Rita Domingues
- Position: Lecturer in Sustainability Consultancy and Business
- Areas of expertise: Sustainability reporting; Social and Environmental Accounting; Public Sector Organisations; Environmental Impact Assessment; Stakeholder engagement
- Email: A.R.Domingues@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 9.117 School of Earth and Environment
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Over the last couple of years, I worked as a researcher and lecturer in sustainability accounting, management and consultancy. Before joining the School of Earth and Environment, I was a lecturer in sustainability at Nottingham Trent University. I was responsible for curriculum and business development, creating projects for students to work as sustainability consultants in small and medium enterprises.
Previously, I was a researcher and guest lecturer in the Department of Management – University of Bologna (Italy), a researcher at NOVA School of Science and Technology (Portugal) and University of Coimbra (Portugal), and a guest lecturer in the Post-graduate programme in Environmental Sciences at the Federal University of Goiás (Brazil). Before starting my academic career, I worked in the Sustainable Development Observatory at the European Economic and Social Committee (Belgium), and as an environmental engineer, consultant, and project manager.
I am a reviewer of multiple scientific journals, including the Journal of Cleaner Production, Frontiers in Sustainability, Ocean and Coastal Management, and Journal of Management and Governance.
I am also a visiting lecturer at the University of Bologna, a research collaborator at CENSE – Center for Environmental and Sustainability Research (NOVA University of Lisbon) and a member of the International Sustainable Development Research Society and the Centre for Social and Environmental Accounting Research.
- Co-Pi in the SUSCHange research project
My research interest is sustainability assessment and reporting, organisational change, and stakeholder engagement, particularly in public and third-sector organisations. I have participated in various research projects related to organisational change management for sustainability, environmental initiatives in public sector organisations, sustainability indicators, and co-design processes.
Currently, I collaborate with Nottingham Trent University in the research project ‘SUSChange: Organisational Change for Sustainability in Nottingham-based Small and Medium Enterprises through student consultancy’.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Management (University of Bologna)
- MSc Environmental Engineering (Nova University of Lisbon)
- BSc Environmental Engineering Science (Nova University of Lisbon)
I teach sustainability consultancy, developing and managing environmental projects and delivering sustainability through projects and organisations.
Research groups and institutes
- Sustainability Research Institute
- Business Organisations for Sustainable Societies