Dr Iva Bimpli
- Position: Lecturer (Teaching & Scholarship)
- Email: I.Bimpli@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9211
I joined the SRI in 2018 as a Lecturer in Business and Sustainable Societies, and prior to this role I held various teaching and module leading roles in Business in a number of Russel Group universities accross the North of England. My PhD focused on ethical decision making in marketing when considering the interactions of various stakeholders involved in marketing research. My wider research interests and focus are on consumer and organisational behaviour around ethics and sustainability issues when working with companies, consumer and organisations. I am also interested in the role of emotional processing in ethical decision making in the marketplace (with particular interest on ethical consumption), when investigated through neurophysiological methods and techniques.
I hold a Teaching and Scholarship Lectureship and I use my position to make as much positive impact as I can through teaching, research and industry engagement.
I am also the Programme Leader for the BA Environment & Business.
PhD in Marketing Ethics (University of Bradford)
MRes in Research Methods and Methodologies in Business Management (with specialisation in Marketing)(University of Bradford)
MSc in Management (University of Bristol)
BSc (Hons) in International Economics (University of Thrace, Greece)
1. Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
2. Member of the Academy of Marketing (SIG Marketing Ethics)
3. Member of the Hellenic Economic Chamber
4. Affiliate Member of the Chartered Management Institute (2012-2018)
5. Affiliate Member of the Institute for Learning(2012-2013)
My resecrh interests are focused, but not limited to:
1. Ethical behaviour and decision making in the marketplace
2. Sustainable consumption
3. The role of emotional processing in behaviour and behavioural change in business and the marketplace, with particular interest on the consumer
4. Strategic implications and interventions in consumption for sustainable development
5. The strategic implications and considerations of sustainable business, environmental management, and corporate social responsibility
SOEE1390 Introduction to Business, Environment and Corporate Responsibility: module leader
SOEE2570 Research in the Environmental Social Sciences: module leader
SOEE5341M Issues and Cases in Corporate Social Responsibility
BA Environment & Business and MSc Sustainability projects and dissertations supervision
- Adjunct Visiting Scholar in Entrepreneurial Marketring at Liverpool University
- Visiting Scholar in Marketing Ethics at York University
- External Examiner in Marketing at Leicester De Montfort University & Sunderland University
- Reviewer at the European Advertising Academy, the Global Marketing Conferences and the Academy of Marketing conferences
Bimpli, I. (2018), Perceptions and individual decision making in Robbins, S.P. & Judge, T.A. (on press). Organizational Behavior. 18th Global Edition, Pearson
Bimpli, I., Fukukawa, K, Reynolds, N. (2017), Empirical Evidence in Marketing Ethics Research – When the Moral Agency of Marketing Researchers and Respondents is Embedded in the Structure’, proceedings of the 5th International Symposium in Marketing Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility, Notre Dame University, Indiana.
Bimpli, I. (2016), The Micro-morality and Macro-morality of Ethical Decision Making in Marketing Research:
From the individual rational and affective interactions to the normative communal function, proceedings of the 4th International Symposium in Marketing Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility, EDHEC, Lille.
Bimpli, I. (2016), Ethical Leadership in Robbins, S.P. & Judge, T.A. Organizational Behavior. 17th Global Edition, Pearson.
Bimpli, I. (2015), The Social Impact on Ethical Decision Making in Marketing Research: From an individual action to a collective intuitive function, Conference Proceedings, 6th International Research Meeting in Business and Management, Nice.
Bimpli, I., Fukukawa, K. & Reynolds, N. (2015). Before Research Goes to Public: Understanding Moral Decision Making Among Marketing Researchers, proceedings of the 21st Annual International Vincentian Business Ethics Conference.
Bimpli, I. (2014), Deductive, Inductive and Abductive Reasoning in Conceptualising Moral Decision Making in Marketing Research, Annual Doctoral Conference, Keele Management School, NARTI.
Bimpli, I. (2011). An Empirical Investigation of Decision-Making in Academic Marketing Research Based on the Criteria of Ethics and Methodology - The Case of Neuromarketing Versus Other Scenarios of Marketing Research Methods, Conference Proceedings, the Academy of Marketing Conference 2011, Liverpool.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
Research groups and institutes
- Sustainability Research Institute