Dr Chong Zhang
- Position: Visiting Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Geophysical gravity and magnetic methods; Artificial Intelligence
- Email: C.Zhang5@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I am a Visiting Research Fellow at the School of Earth & Environment. I have been an Associate Professor in Geophysics at the Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences since 2017. From 2020 to 2022, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Macau University of Science and Technology. My research interests are geophysical gravity and magnetic methods, especially, numerical methods, inversions, and ore-deposit and tectonic geophysical interpretations.
My interests mainly include:
Gravity and magnetic inversion methods.
Numerical methods for gravity and magnetic data processing.
Ore deposits or tectonic geophysical interpretation.
Magnetic field reversal of Earth.
AI in geoscience.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Chinese Geophysical Society
- Geological Society of China
- European Geosciences Union
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Geophysics and Tectonics