Dr Chris Green
- Position: Lecturer (Teaching and Scholarship)
- Areas of expertise: gravity and magnetic data, methods and geological interpretation; satellite altimeter gravity
- Email: C.M.Green@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7378
- Location: 8.142 School of Earth and Environment
I am a geophysicist specialising in the application of gravity and magnetic methods to geological problems – especially exploration problems.
I have worked at the University of Leeds since 2010, mostly focusing on the MSc in Exploration Geophysics and related areas. I was project manager for the first EAGE Geophysics Boot Camp in 2011.
Since 1987, I have worked with geoscience consultancy Getech. I was instrumental in spinning out the company from the University of Leeds in 2000 and floating in 2005; I was Technical Director from 2000 to 2007. I have developed techniques and workflows for processing, compilation and interpretation of gravity and magnetic data to contribute to a range of multi-client and proprietary studies. I have managed a large number of projects including major commercially funded R&D studies.
From 1983 to 1997, I was a Research Assistant at the University of Leeds, working on a range of solid earth geophysics projects, especially: processing and interpretation of land recording of air-gun seismic data and developing the processing and visualisation of seismic exploration for coal.
- Director of Masters Education
- Programme Manager MSc Petroleum Geology and Geophysics
- Techniques for interpretation of gravity and magnetic data
- Calculation of gravity from satellite altimetry data
- Application of gravity and magnetic data and methods to geological interpretation and plate tectonics
- MSc, Sustainability (Business, Environment and Corporate Responsibility), University of Leeds
- PhD, Geophysics, University of Leeds
- MSc, Geophysics, University of Leeds
- BSc, Physics, Durham University
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers
- Petroleum Exploration Society of Great Britain
- American Geophysical Union
I teach a module for the MSc Exploration Geophysics course and a part module for the MSc Structural Geology with Geophysics course.
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Applied Geoscience
- Applied Geophysics