Professor Stephen Mobbs
Stephen Mobbs joined the School in November 1995. From 1996 he was head of the School of Environment and following the merger with Earth Sciences in 2003 he became head of the newly formed School of Earth and Environment.
In 2005 he became Director of NERC's National Centre for Atmospheric Science. His expertise is in atmospheric dynamics, with applications in boundary-layer and mesoscale meteorology and also in chemical transport. Much of his research involves atmospheric observations, combined with computational modelling.
- Director of the National Centre for Atmospheric Science
- Fluid mechanics
- Mesoscale meteorology
- BSc Physics, University of Leeds
- PhD Applied Mathematics, University of Leeds
- Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science
- Atmospheric and Cloud Dynamics