Dr Chris Smith
I joined Leeds in 2011 on the Doctoral Training Centre in Low Carbon Technologies, where I completed my PhD on the interaction of solar energy with climate change.
In 2015 I started as a Research Fellow in the School of Earth and Environment.
I am currently working on several projects:
- SMURPHS: Determination of the causes of surge and hiatus events in climate change over the last 100 years, with particular focus given to the temperature slowdown of 1998-2012.
- RFMIP: The Radiative Forcing Model Intercomparison Project (RFMIP) will evaluate the effective radiative forcing in participating CMIP6 climate models. This will help to determine the differences in climate model responses.
- CAMS74: Investigating structural uncertainty resulting from background climatology and radiative transfer parameterisation for the radiative forcing product from the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service.
- PDRMIP: Determination of forcing, rapid adjustments and feedbacks to single-forcing experiments. Also producing some of the forcing experiments using the Met Office's HadGEM2-ES climate model.
- PhD Doctoral Training Centre in Low Carbon Technologies
- MMath Mathematics
- American Geophysical Union
- European Geosciences Union
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science
- Climate Science and Impacts